A hole saw is a must-have accessory in your toolbox if you are a plumber, carpenter, or DIY geek. They are affordable, provide various options appropriate for your intended work, and, most importantly, are incredibly easy to use. Having a hole saw helps cut through thick metal sheets with less effort.
Best Hole Saw For Cutting Thick Metal
As I said, there are various options. To make it easier which ones are the best, I compiled a list of the five best hole saws for cutting thick metal.
1. Klein Tools Hole Cutter Kit
Durable and reliable
- It is made out of premium quality materials ensuring durability and reliability.
- It can easily cut materials up to 3/16-inch thick in stainless steel, mild steel, iron, and copper.
- It has an integrated flange on the bit to avoid over-drilling, which helps cut precisely.
- It has a rust-proof plastic storage container to keep the hole saw safe and secure.
2. Greenlee Hole Making
- The kit comes with a cutter head, quick-change drill, and an Allen key.
- Its push-button design makes it easy to change the saw, and you can use it with various cutter sizes.
- The carbide cutters will pierce the stainless steel with minimal effort.
- Its effective results and sturdiness make it a common choice for cutting thick metal.
3. EZARC Carbide Hole Cutter Set
- Its carbide teeth can make a hole clear and sharp in dense materials like stainless steel.
- Thanks to its industry-grade material, the lift of the hole saw is 10x better than the bi-metal blade.
- You can use the tool in a suitable hand drill as well as in the fixed workshop machine.
- The set includes nine-hole saws of different sizes to offer users a selective experience.
4. ASNOMY TCT Hole Saw Kit
- It uses high-grade titanium-plated cemented carbide tooth and Tungsten Carbide Tipped cutters.
- The 12 TCT tools in the kit are of different sizes and are rust-proof, sturdy, and durable.
- Its unique three-blade design offers sharper and more efficient cuts on hard metal.
- It is a perfect kit for stainless steel plate, square tube, cast iron, wood, and other general sheet metal.
5. DEWALT Bi-Metal Hole Saw Kit
- It is a 3-in-1 solution. You can use it to make a hole in wood and plastic, apart from metal.
- The kit includes six bi-metal hole saws of different sizes and a 2-hole absorber.
- It comes with a high-speed steel cutting edge that provides effective cutting.
- It is a made-in-USA hole saw kit with up to 50% better service life than its competition.
After a lot of research, my choice is the Greenlee Carbide Cutter. You get the various sizes of cutters that allow you to use them for almost all types of application. Also, its push-button design is practical, and the product is robust.