You know well that you can add the beauty and color to your wooden floors and furniture using the best wood stains. And if you do not apply some finish to your wooden materials, then they will get unprotected from the elements and become dry and lifeless day by day. Thanks to the polyurethane floor finish, you can clear your wood floors and other materials and provide them richness and depth by protecting it from the outside weather, scraps, and knocks. I have tested some of the top brands to filter out the best polyurethane and compiled this article on the “Best Polyurethane Reviews of 2016”. Check it below and get the right finish and beauty of the wood around your home and kitchen.
With elegant design and gloss finish, the Varathane 200061H water-based polyurethane from Rust-Oleum is on the top on this list. It is specially designed for providing a natural look and beauty of the wood around your house.
Features of Rust-Oleum Varathane 20006-1H Water-Based Polyurethane are:
- It is odorless and easy soaping
- It can be cleaned up with water as it is made from concentrated water-based formula
- It provides crystal clear finish to your wood which never yellows
- It is manufactured in the US
- The best polyurethane for wooden doors, furniture, cabinets, and trim
The 63000 fast drying polyurethane from Minwax is an oil-based polyurethane which comes in a clear form. It provides a long-lasting protective finish to your wooden material and keeps it live for years.
Features of Minwax 63000 Fast Drying Polyurethane are:
- It provides durable protection and beauty to the wood in your home and office
- You can apply it on both finished and unfinished wood
- Fast drying polyurethane offers durability and natural beauty
- It is perfect for wood floors, furniture, doors, cabinets, and other wood items
- One of the top durable coatings for wooden material
Rust-Oleum has made this highly durable and easy to handle formula which is the best polyurethane for hardwood floors. Unlike to the other polyurethane, when you apply it, the touch feeling is softer.
Features of Rust-Oleum 260165 Polyurethane for Hardwood Floors are:
- It provides resistance to smudges and fingerprints
- It protects wooden material from stains and scratches
- The ultra-durable protection and unique matte finish make it the best polyurethane for hardwood floors
- It is made in the USA, easy-to-use, and water clean-up
The 33055 is the semi gloss polyurethane from Minwax. It comes in a clear, oil-based formula which offers durable and protective finish to the wood in your home.
Features of Minwax 33055 Fast Drying Polyurethane are:
- It is the best semi gloss polyurethane which is also available in gloss and satin sheens
- It makes and keeps your any wood beautiful and live
- Offers longer durability and beauty to any wooden interior surface
- It is the best polyurethane for woodworking, floors, doors, and other material made from wood
- Can be applied on both finished and unfinished surfaces
The super fast drying feature makes this polyurethane from Minwax the best choice for protecting hardwood floors. Whether you are finishing a new wood floor or refinishing the old one, apply this Minwax 13022000 fast drying polyurethane to make it look beautiful and live for longer times.
Features of Minwax 13022000 Fast Drying Polyurethane for Hardwood Floors are:
- Specially designed polyurethane for hardwood floors
- You need not do sanding between coats when applying this polyurethane
- It is made with the optimized drying technology which results in faster recoating time between two coats
- Anti-settling formula makes it easy to use on large surfaces
This oil-based fast drying polyurethane from ZAR dries only in two hours after applying. It is perfect for hardwood floors, doors, cabinets, and other woodwork.
Features of ZAR 33912 Antique Fast Drying Polyurethane are:
- It is included in MPI category #57
- It is made from smooth and self-leveling formula
- Excellent polyurethane for wood floors and quickly dries in two hours
- Provides a tough abrasion resistant finish to the wood around your house
Unlike to the other traditional polyurethanes, the 23015 water based polyurethane has a lower odor. This Minwax polyurethane gives warm look and convenience of a water-based finish.
Features of Minwax 23015 Gloss Water Based Polyurethane are:
- It is an oil-modified polyurethane which offers superior durability and beauty
- The quick drying formula is best for the interior woodwork, doors, floors, cabinets, and furniture
- You can clean it up quickly with warm water
- It is the best water based polyurethane for floors from Minwax
The best polyurethane protects your wood from damage and becoming dry and lifeless. The different types of polyurethane for your home improvement projects for wood available on the market including the fast drying polyurethane, semi gloss polyurethane, water based polyurethane, oil based polyurethane, etc. You can also select the best polyurethane for hardwood floors from the above best polyurethane reviews. Do not forget to mention in the comment which polyurethane worked best for your wooden material and how long will you prefer it to your friends and relatives.