Are you tired of the debris coming out of the wood when trying to give the surface a smooth finish? Let me tell you. You’re not alone. The debris spreads all over the table, on your hand, and you might inhale some; the debris can cause health problems like breathing and itching. To prevent it, I recommend you not to use a simple orbital sander and go for the surface finish tool with a vacuum attachment.
Best Orbital Sander With Vacuum Attachment
Since multiple options are available, I have narrowed the list to the five best orbital sanders with a vacuum attachment.
1. BLACK+DECKER Random Orbit Sander
- It is a 5-inch random orbital sander that offers a high-power sanding and smooth finish.
- It can also remove the paint with its magnificent 12,000 OPM speed.
- It is featherweight and compact. Even with a dust collector add-on, it does not get heavy or too oversized.
- The handle with a comfortable grip prevents any kinds of fatigue.
2. Bosch Random Orbital Sander
- It features a best-in-class design that offers comfort and produces less vibration.
- The fan does a fantastic job of keeping your workspace free of extra dust.
- It features an integrated dust collection system which you can connect to a shop vac to collect the most dust.
- The set comes with a bag, dust canister, sanding pad, disc, dampening ring, and vacuum adaptor.
3. Makita Random Orbit Sander
- It is for professionals looking for a robust and reliable orbital sander machine for a silky finish.
- It has a high-capacity dust collection system and a built-in port if you use it for long hours.
- It is a reliable corded orbital sander perfect for your woodworking task and remodeling projects.
- It comes with an ergonomic design and easy-to-reach controls making its usability easier.
4. DEWALT Random Orbit Sander
- It comes with a motor that rotates at 8,000 – 12,000 OPM and offers the desired smooth finish.
- It has a separate counterweight design which reduces the vibration and provides comfort to its user.
- There is a mounting on its backside to connect dust collectors. It supports DWV010 or DWV012 dust collectors.
- It feels comfortable to hold in hand, and you can change the power output by placing your thumb on the side regulator.
5. 3M Elite Random Orbital Sander
- It has a powerful motor and produces less vibration. You can use it for at-home use and in the industry.
- It comes with improved durability and stability. The noise output is minimal, and the machine is suitable for prolonged use.
- It includes a HEPA-rated bag on the rear which carries a possible amount of debris.
- Unintentional speed adjustments are minimized with a handy thumb-controlled speed slider.
After a lot of research, my choice is the Makita Orbit Sander. It is a high-powered machine for surface finishing with a mounting that connects it with a large dust carrying bag. Furthermore, it is best for DIY projects and industrial purposes.