Many of us spend a lot of time in our garage for some woodworking, or automotive tinkering, or doing anything unusual which we can’t do in drawing room! For all these and so many other reasons, we want our garage to be more comfortable. Many people think that opening the garage door and turning on the fan will do the work, but they don’t remember that it will not stop the heat from coming in. To achieve this, the insulating kit is worthwhile.
The main three types of garage door insulation are Batt Insulation, Foam Board Insulation, and Reflective Insulation. The best way to insulate your workshop is to use the suitable garage door insulation kits. Check these reviews to get the insulation ideas and make a comfortable space for the work you do there.
Best Garage Door Insulation Kit Reviews
Features of the Single Garage Door Insulation Kit from ADO Products are:
- It offers an R-8 performance value
- The Rugged metal pin installation system makes it more durable
- Highly efficient kit which can be installed in less than one hour
- Easy to clean and bright white facing will help you in brightening your garage
- It reduces outside noise and gives you a quiet environment while you are working
Features of the Battic Door Energy Garage Door Insulation Kit are:
- The kit includes everything that you need to insulate your garage door
- It comes with insulation foam boards, a knife, a tape measure, a double sided tape and alcohol cleaning pads
- It improves the thermal performance to R-6 Plus
- It can be easily installed in less than one hour
- Made In USA and can be the best garage door insulation if maintained properly
The Atlas EPS has designed this Matador garage door insulation kit to help you in having an attractive, more finished and energy-efficient garage. It protects you from locking out in your garage from the summer heat as well as winter cold.
Check the features of the Matador Garage Door Insulation Kit below:
- It transforms your garage space into a workshop or an exercise area or a recreation room easily
- Easy installation, which can be completed within an hour without using any special tool
- The kit keeps your garage cool in summer and warm in winter
- It includes 7 boards for a 7-foot garage door
- It has an easily washable surface and a bright white design which gives your garage a more attractive and finished look
- Available in Large(L) and Extra Large(XL) sizes
The garage door insulation kit from Owens-Corning helps to improve your garage’s comfort with durable and comprised R-8 fiberglass insulation panels and a washable, tough white vinyl facing. The unique fastening system provides a quick and secure method to hold the panels in place. It is a bestseller on Amazon in Garage Doors Category.
Features of the 500824 Owens-Corning Garage Door Insulation Kit:
- It fits neatly into the exposed channel of the door
- Specially designed for the insulated metal garage doors
- It gives 5 times better thermal performance than other ordinary garage door insulation kits
- It helps in reducing the noise level up to 20%, which is measured in standard human listening studies
- For a door up to 9 foot, it easily installed without using any tools except a measuring tape, a utility knife, a straight edge and marker
- It has a clean vinyl surface which can be cleaned using mild detergent
- It is made with a denting resistant flexible material
The bubble barrier and reflective insulation technology helps to block up to 95% of the Radiant Heat and saves your money and energy. The garage door insulation kit from Reach Barrier includes an easy-to-follow instruction manual, easy-to-install reach barrier panels, and one-inch sized acrylic adhesive square sticks.
Features of the 3009 Reach Barrier Garage Door Insulation Kit are:
- It is featured with Reach Barrier reflective insulation and bubble barrier technology
- It helps to save the energy and money by reducing 95% of radiant heat
- It is easy to install entry door insulation kit and requires no maintenance
- Between the two layers of the radiant barrier, it has two layers of 5.32” laminated bubble barrier
- It requires no protective clothing or any special tool at the time of installation
- One of the top insulation kits for wooden and metal garage door
The Low-E SSR Reflective Insulation provides this garage door insulation kit for your two car garage. It makes your garage more comfortable in summer and winter by reflecting radiant heat, reducing drafts between panels, and increasing R-value of the door.
Features of the Garage Door Insulation kit from ESP Low-E are as below:
- It reflects radiant heat up to 97% and adds up to R-6 to garage door
- It is lightweight, flexible, waterproof, and easy to clean
- The durable and smooth finish helps to reduce noise and drafts from outside
- It can be installed quickly and easily in less than one hour
- It includes a reflective foam core insulation
How to insulate garage door?
If you don’t know how to install garage door insulation kit, then you can take help from professionals or can search on the web where you can find a number of videos showing the process. Check the quick and effective guide for a DIY project of insulating wooden garage door or follow the steps mentioned below:
Step-1: Collect the necessary things
Gather all the items you need to insulate your garage, like:
- A good-quality insulation kit according to the size of your garage entry door
- A measuring tape to map the panels according to the size of your entry door
- A cutting blade or knife to cut out the insulfoam board
Step-2: Take proper measurements and cut out the foam board
When you assure that you have gathered all the required material, take the measuring tape and estimate the wooden or metal panels of your garage door. Then cut the foam board with the help of knife according to the measurements of the panels. Make sure to add an inch extra of the foam board than the panel size to make a proper covering of the door for insulation. Also, you need to confirm that there is no air gap between the panels and the foam board otherwise the whole work will go in vain.
Step-3: Complete the setup
The third step is to continue doing the step 1 and 2 for all the remaining panels of your garage entry door.
Completing all the steps will result in creating a barrier after the wooden or metal door of your garage. It will not only makes your garage more comfortable but also creates warmness in the room next to your garage wall. You will surely enjoy doing this task.
Garage door insulation can be a good learning DIY project that you can do by yourself. With the help of the best garage entry door insulation kit, you can make your garage space cooler, warmer, and quieter. It acts as a barrier between you and the street noise, lowers your energy bills, and brightens the garage space.
The garage door insulation kits help you to make your home energy efficient and prevent the street noise from entering your home. Get your preferable insulation kit for garage door from the above product reviews.