In 1990, a free open-source photo editing software named as Gimp was introduced to the world. Like any other standard software that you download from the web, this image manipulation application is also available for download on many platforms. Today, I will provide a review of the Gimp program and show you the way for the safe download.
Gimp (GNU Image Manipulation Program) is not only an image editing software but also provides features of Photoshop at no cost. In other words, Gimp is one of the best alternatives to Adobe Photoshop application.
Whether you need to reshape your artwork or want to start it from scratch, Gimp is an excellent tool to have in your system. You may just need to adjust with its cluttered interface though, which is not a big deal.
Review of Latest Version of Gimp
Let’s look at some more details about this software.
Features of Gimp
- The single window mode with the pixmap themes allows enhancing the drawing capabilities.
- With the stubborn tools, you can quickly restore or retouch any of your image creation using your limitless creativity.
- You can transform any picture into your unique artwork by taking the help of different customization options of Gimp.
- The large storage of graphics elements for the mockups & user interface components helps in doing the best.
- It supports multiple programming algorithms like Python, C, C++, Scheme, Pearl, etc.
- The collaboration with other software like Inkscape, Scribus & SwatchBooker provides a top-notch publishing workflow.
- A big number of resources for the plug-ins and scripts through the community support help to have a real customization.
The GIMP is available at relatively low price than the other standard graphics editing tools, but that doesn’t mean that it lacks in features. Different ways for image retouching, cropping & restoring, excellent range of plugins & scripts, color adjustment features, noise reduction tools, customizable graphical elements, and lots of other things provide a better user experience every time.
You will find a plenty of tutorials and a highly supported community which can help you always when you need. The software is free to download, and it supports multiple Operating Systems, but many users are confused about its legibility and ask is Gimp safe or not? Let’s find out.
Is Gimp safe to download?
If you notice any post mentioning about Gimp virus or telling that it’s not safe, then beware, you are at the wrong place. The Gimp software is truly a safe and legit software to use in your system, and it is not a virus or malware.
Remember one thing that there are plenty of online resources which provides a way to download this image manipulation software. Not all of them are risk-free. Maybe there is a fake site which installs malware or virus behind the installation package although it is showing the safe way to get the software. So, you should check for the resource website’s legibility first. I recommend you to download the software from its official site, i.e., Gimp.org which is the safest place to get the latest version of the application.
Gimp supports Windows, Mac, and Linux platforms. It’s a great photo editing tool which will never let you regret your choice.
PS: Activate your antivirus program before downloading anything from the web and protect your system from viruses.