After the Microsoft released its latest OS version, i.e., Windows 10, millions of users downloaded and updated their systems within hours. But as it happened in most of the previous versions, Windows 10 also came with some quick-to-solve and some annoying problems. One of them is ‘Restoring your previous version of Windows’ stuck problem. Today, I will provide a quick guide to solve this issue on your Windows 10 PC.
Why “Windows 10 restoring previous version of Windows” stuck?
When a black screen appears on your display for a long time while restoring the old version of Windows, then it means the system has stuck, and you need to resolve the problem. This mainly happens because sometimes the update fails when you try to restore the OS on your system.
Other reasons for this problem are:
- As Windows 10 updates frequently one by one, your system cannot handle restoring the version as it should be
- If your system does not have enough specification for the advanced Windows 10 Operating System
- If you have set the automatic updates on and so Windows 10 updates without permission, which sometimes cause this issue
Minimum system requirement for Windows 10 OS
- 1GHz processing power (64-bit)
- 2GB RAM (64-bit)
- 16GB hard drive space for 32-bit version and 20GB for 64-bit version
Restoring Your Previous Version of Windows – Fixed
If you are facing this issue in your Windows 10 system, then check the below easy solutions and get rid of it.
Solution-1: Reset your system
First of all, try to reset your PC and then check whether your problem is solved or not. For this;
- Press Windows + S key and write ‘settings.’
- Open the system settings when prompted
- Choose ‘Update & Security’ from the menu
- On the panel on the left, click on ‘Recovery’ option and then click on the button ‘Get Started’ under the section ‘Reset this PC.’
- Choose the option ‘Keep my files’ if you wish to keep your personal data safe
Solution-2: Clean install Windows 10 using media creation tool
With the help of ISO image file, you can reinstall Windows 10 on your system. Follow the below steps to do it:
- Download the ISO image for Windows 10 and then create a media creation toll though DVD or USB
- Now, start your system through the USB flash drive or DVD
- Choose ‘Repair your computer’ in ‘Install Windows’ page
- Now, select ‘Startup Repair’ in the ‘Advanced Options.’
- After the process finishes, try to start your PC and see if the issue is fixed.
Solution-3: Use system backup image to restore Windows 10
If you have created the system restore point, then you can do this method efficiently. You can also take help of some third-party software like ‘EaseUS Todo Backup’ to take regular backup of the OS and system file on the hard drive. This will help in encountering such problem of system stuck on ‘Restoring previous version of Windows’ by easily & quickly let you restore your Windows 10 update.
You can also try running your system in safe mode and then try to restore the previous OS version. Another option is to perform system repair by going into the settings> update & security> recovery and then clicking on the ‘Restart Now’ button in the ‘Advanced start-up’ section.
Every solution or method can take a little bit of time. So keep patience when you are fixing any error in your system, especially in Windows 10 PCs. I hope this quick guide will help you to get rid of ‘Restoring your previous version of Windows’ stuck on your computer.
If you want to share any other reliable method than mentioned here, then hit the comment section below.