Do you want to uninstall uTorrent from your Windows PC completely? Then you are at right place. Here I will provide a complete guide on how to remove this software from the system.
What is uTorrent?
The uTorrent is the most popular peer-to-peer software tool in the world. Using this application, you can download music, videos, movies, other software, applications, and all those things for which you have a torrent file. In short, it is a widely used program to download movies from torrents and then enjoy watching them.
Why you need this guide to uninstall uTorrent?
One annoying thing about this tool is that it does not come with the uninstaller package and that’s why when you want to remove it from your system, it becomes a tedious and boring task. The reason behind the absence of uninstaller package is that this software does not come as prepackaged. So, it will be difficult to completely remove this software from your system if you don’t know the secret behind it. This guide ensures you that the uTorrent will not leave any of its packages or files behind on your Windows 10 PC when you eliminate it from the system.
Which errors can cause the prevention of access to remove uTorrent?
When users try to remove the uTorrent from their Windows 10 systems, they get the error messages like:
- Unable to find the uTorrent program in the list of ‘Add/Remove program.’
- You do not have sufficient access to uninstall uTorrent
- Unable to find the option to Uninstall/Remove the uTorrent program
How to Uninstall uTorrent Windows 10
Users can’t uninstall uTorrent mainly because of the improper installation or malware or faulty configurations. Below we will see some useful and quick methods to remove this program from Windows 10.
Method-1: Through Administrative Access
This method is especially useful when you get the error message of ‘you do not have sufficient access to uninstall uTorrent’ on your Windows 10 system. Get the administrative permission to uninstall the files.
- Open the location where the uTorrent files are stored
- Check for the uninstall.exe file and right-click on it
- Select the option of ‘Run as administrator.’
- Take the actions as shown on the screen.
Note that this method will only work when you can see the uninstall executable file.
Method-2: Manually uninstall uTorrent
To manually uninstall uTorrent from Windows 10 Operating System, we will first terminate the app, uninstall it from the system, and then delete the hidden files and folders of it.
First, we will close the application from the background and remove it through the control panel.
- Press Windows + S key and write ‘Task Manager’ in search bar
- Open the program when you see the icon
- Look for the uTorrent application there
- Click on it and then choose the end task button
- Now, again press Windows + S key and write ‘Control Panel.’
- Click on ‘Uninstall a program’ under the ‘Programs’ section
- From the list of applications, choose ‘uTorrent’ and click ‘Uninstall’ option at the management bar
Then, we will open all the hidden file and folders of uTorrent and remove them one by one.
- Go back to the ‘Control Panel’ home screen
- Select ‘Appearance and Personalization’ menu
- Choose ‘Show hidden files and folders’ under the File Explorer Options
- Select the option of ‘Show hidden files, folders, and drives’ and uncheck the option of ‘Hide protected operating system files.’
- Click on ‘Apply’ and then ‘Ok’ button
- Then, go to C:\Program Files and look for uTorrent
- When you find the folder of the app, open it and then go to ‘Document and Settings > All Users > uTorrent
- Now, again follow the path below to open all the hidden files in that uTorrent application folder
- Users > Funla > AppData > Roaming > Easeware > uTorrent
- Delete all the files you have found there
At last, we will delete all the registry data of uTorrent program from the system.
- Press Windows + R key and type ‘regedit’ in the run box and hit Enter key
- ‘Registry Editor’ will open. Now open the ‘Edit’ menu and choose ‘Find’ option
- A popup window with dialog box will open. Write uTorrent there and press Enter
- Now, from the left side menu, find and delete the below two entries:
That’s it. You have now manually uninstalled all the uTorrent application files, folders, and registry from your Windows 10 PC. Now, whenever you make new download and installation of this app, you will have a fresh start.
Method-3: Using third-party software
If you don’t want to spend your time in doing this and that, then one quick option to uninstall uTorrent from your system is to use third-party uninstaller software. Such software programs will really help when you frequently get the error messages like ‘you do not have sufficient access to uninstall’ while deleting uTorrent or any other tool from your Windows 10 system.
When you ask for a good uTorrent uninstaller program, I would like to suggest some applications like Perfect Uninstaller, IObit Uninstaller, and Total Uninstaller which are some of the top-used uninstalling apps out there today. Just download such software on your PC, install them, and then you can quickly remove any of the installed programs which you do not wish to use more.
I hope the methods mentioned above will help you to get rid of the uTorrent software from your Windows 10 PC. There are both ways available; manually or using some automatic tools like third-party uninstallers. You can have your choice to eliminate the program.
Let me know your thoughts on this and if you know any other quick and easy method to uninstall uTorrent from Windows 10 system, then mention it in the comment section below.