I think I can make a whole blog post which consists only a list of errors that users get in the latest Microsoft’s Operating System, Windows 10. Though it is a popular and widely used OS in the PCs across the world, there are many errors and issues that come into the picture every other day. Some of them are easy-to-fix while some are time-consuming and troublesome. Today, I will guide you to fix one of such problems, ‘Unexpected Store Exception Windows 10.”
You should solve this issue as soon as you can because when it occurs, you must shut down your system to get it out of your screen. It may result in important & unsaved file loss, time waste, and irritating behaviour of you!
What is the Unexpected Store Exception error in Windows?
When the anniversary update was made in Windows 10 systems, this BSOD (Blue Screen of Death) error started to appear on many desktops frequently. The Unexpected_Store_Exception error occurs mainly when you run programs on your system, browse the web, or do any other task on your PC. This error remains on your screen until you restart the system. After you reboot your Windows PC, it will disappear.
Reasons for BSOD Unexpected Store Exception problem in Windows 10
There are several causes of this Blue Screen error. It mainly occurs when you upgrade your Operating System to the latest updates.
Other reasons are;
- If your system has corrupted files
- Improper installation of updates
- Failure of hard disk
- Corrupted system drivers
- Malware/virus attack
- Anti-virus program restrictions
- Too much usage of CPU
Methods to fix “Unexpected Store Exception in Windows 10”
I will provide top methods to resolve this problem and how you can prevent it for future. We will see some simple methods first. I recommend to try them all to analyse the best results and consider them for the future use.
Method-1: Repair System Files
First, you should repair the corrupt system files using the inbuilt tools in your PC. Such tools will scan your system, search for wrong file types, and then fix them.
- Press Windows + S key and type ‘Command Prompt.’
- When prompted, right click on it and select ‘Run As Administrator.’
- Click on ‘Yes’ in the popup window
- Now in the CMD terminal, type ‘sfc/scannow’ and press Enter
- The verification of system files will begin. Wait until 100% complete
- Reboot your Windows PC
This will fix the problem. If this method doesn’t work, then try using the next solution.
Method-2: Run Check Disk Utility in GUI
The check disk utility (CHKDSK) will also help to repair bad sectors in system drives. You can run this command in the command prompt (admin) terminal too, but running it in GUI is an easy task for the typical PC users. To run CHKDSK command in system;
- Open the Windows Explorer
- Right-click on the hard disk drive in which you want to repair the files
- Choose ‘Properties.’
- In the ‘Tools’ tab select ‘Check.’
These steps will perform the system check on hard disk drives. If the task does not start due to the usage of the system files by some applications or processor, then you can choose to run disk check utility on next reboot. When you restart your PC, this command will run automatically, and the UNEXPECTED_STORE_EXCEPTION problem will be solved.
If you still want to know other methods, then read ahead.
Method-3: Update System Drivers
You may know that the drivers are one of the most important parts of your computing system. If you have outdated drivers or they are not correctly installed, then also you may face this kind of BSOD error. So, it’s better to check and update them regularly. For this;
- Right click on ‘My Computer’ icon on the desktop
- Choose ‘Manage.’
- Go to ‘Device Manager.’
- Now, navigate through the list of devices in that section and if you find any with a yellow exclamation mark, then right click on it and select ‘Update Driver.’
- After you finished them all, reboot your computer and see if the problem is fixed.
Method-4: Windows Update
If you have not correctly updated your Windows OS or if it is corrupted, then also the Unexpected Store Exception error may occur. Try to update your Windows and see whether you got rid of this annoying issue or not.
To update Windows;
- Press Windows + I and then select ‘Update & Security.’
- Click on the ‘Check for Updates’ button under the update status section
- After you update the system, restart your PC.
Method-5: System Restore
If you have installed faulty software, applications, or drivers, then you can set your PC to some previous time & date when it was working correctly. It’s called ‘System Restore.’ Remember, if you have created the System Restore point then only you can perform this task.
- Press Windows + S key and type ‘Settings.’
- Go to ‘Recovery’ section
- Now, choose ‘System Restore’ and choose the earlier date of your system working correctly
- Open the app which shown the BSOD error previously and check if the issue solved
Sometimes the Antivirus software you used in your system also creates the error of Unexpected_Store_Exception while you run some particular programs. You can try to disable the antivirus for some time and check if it solved the issue. If you are still facing the problem with your system, then uninstall the antivirus program.
You can also perform clean system boot, disable fast startup (which comes by default in latest Windows OS), and run third-party disk cleanup applications like CCleaner, Malwarebytes (if there is any malware/virus on your system).
If nothing helps, take back up of your important files and format your PC. Install the latest Microsoft Windows 10 OS from the official site and enjoy working on it.
Let me know if I missed something here and any other reliable method you know to solve this Blue Screen error. Use the comment section below.