If you are facing the problem of ‘Class not Registered’ in Windows 10 at the time of running any application or program, then here is the solution guide for it.
What does Class not Registered Mean in Windows 10?
When the ‘Class not Registered’ error appears on the screen that means the program or software you started to run and operate will not work until you fix it. One of the main reasons for this error is that the DLL file of the particular application is unregistered. The applications or programs that can be affected by this error are the Google Chrome, Internet Explorer, Start Menu, File Explorer, Cortana, or any other program installed on your system.
How to Fix Class Not Registered Windows 10 Error?
Check out the below top 5 solutions to fix the class not registered error in Windows systems.
Solution-1: Restart Explorer.exe services
This is a program of the Windows system that manages the Graphical services like File Manager, Start Menu, Desktop, etc. on your PC. Sometimes, if the service doesn’t run well, then you may face the class not registered error on the Windows OS. Especially if you are facing the problem related to graphics on the system, then restart the explorer.exe services.
- Open ‘task manager.’
- Find explorer.exe under the ‘Details’ tab
- Right click on it and select ‘End Task.’
- When prompted, click on ‘End Process.’
- Now, go to the ‘File’ menu in task manager
- Click on ‘Run new task’ option
- In the dialog box, type explorer and click on ‘Ok,’ the service will start again
Solution-2: Using Command Prompt, register DLL file
As I mentioned before due unregistered DLL file, you may get the error. So registering ExplorerFrame.dll file will solve it.
- Press Windows key and type ‘Command Prompt.’
- Right click on the command prompt icon and run it as an administrator
- Now enter the command ‘regsvr32 ExplorerFrame.dll’ and press Enter
This will register the DLL file and solve the registration problem of the explorer.exe file.
Solution-3: Take help of Component Services
Component Services allow distributing and managing different applications. Fixing the small configuration errors using Component Services may also help to solve the problem. Follow the steps below:
- Open the ‘Run’ box by pressing Windows + R key
- In the box, type ‘dcomcnfg’ and then click on Ok
- The ‘Component Services’ window will open. In that, follow the path below:
- Computers > My Computer > DCOM Config
- Double click on that and if you get an error or warning messages, then click ‘Yes.’
- After the process finishes, close the window and reboot the system
Solution-4: Is Microsoft Edge Your Default Browser?
This can’t be believed, but sometimes changing the default browser to Edge may solve the explorer.exe class not registered error in Windows PCs. To do this,
- Press Windows + S key and then type ‘Default Apps’
- Look for the Default Browser option and set it to ‘Microsoft Edge’ if not
This is a recommended browser, especially for Windows 10 Operating System. So, using it can help to solve the registration error in Windows systems. You can also set other Windows 10 recommend default apps and programs like Windows Photo Viewer, etc. You can take help of the Reset button in the default app settings to set all the Microsoft recommended software.
Solution-5: Disable the iCloud Services
As you may know that the iCloud service is an Apple-made program for Windows to transfer the data to Apple servers from the Microsoft Systems. But, this service can also be a reason for the ‘Class not registered’ problem in Windows 10 PCs. So it is advisable to disable this program and then check whether the error is fixed.
- Open the ‘task manager’ (press Control + Alt + Delete and then select task manager from the list)
- Look for the ‘iCloud Services’
- When you find it, right click on it and then select ‘End Task.’
- Now, go to the ‘services’ tab in task manager
- Go to ‘iCloud Services,’ right click on it and choose ‘Disable.’
Remember that ‘Class Not Registered’ error in Windows 10 is not a neglectable error, especially if you are facing the problem with explorer.exe in your Windows system. Trying the solutions mentioned above will surely help you to get rid of this issue in easy and quick ways.
Do mention in the comment section if you know and have applied some other useful ways to fix this Windows 10 error.