No human is perfect, and no any OS or program comes as bugless. Like every other system, the Windows 10 Operating System from Microsoft came with some errors and issues start from its launch. A few of them are neglectable, while a few are really irritating. Sometimes, users face the issues of Windows could not detect proxy settings in Windows 10 PC. Here you will get the solution of ‘autodetect proxy settings’ error and will be able to fix it on your own.
When you run the troubleshooter to detect the system problem and solve it, then most of the time you get succeed. In a few occasions, this handy tool also unable to detect the problems and the network proxy settings is one of them. If you are facing small working of PC, lag in video streaming and game playing, an auto shutdown of the system frequently, then you are facing the automatic proxy setup problem. You should fix it soon to enjoy the correct working of your PC or laptop.
How to fix “Windows Could Not Automatically Detect Network’s Proxy Settings”
Let’s deal with this annoying problem with easy-to-follow steps and solutions mentioned below.
Solution-1: Correct and Updated Network Adapter Driver
If you have installed or using the wrong network adapter driver, then you may face the issue of proxy settings. So, whenever you face such error on Windows 10 PC, first check the network adapter driver. Follow the steps below:
- Open the Run box on your PC by pressing Windows + R key
- Type ‘devmgmt.msc’ in the Run box and press Enter. Device manager will open
- In the ‘Network adapters’ dialog, right click on the network adapter driver and click on “Uninstall Device.”
- Now, restart your system and install the latest and updated network adapter driver
If your PC doesn’t install the driver automatically, then you can do it by visiting the manufacturer’s website. There are also some third party software available online which can help you to install the correct and specific drivers for your system. Make sure to restart your PC again after you install the correct driver.
Solution-2: Check and correct the proxy server settings
- First, disable the Proxy Server settings in your browser. If you don’t know ‘how to disable proxy’ in your browser, then follow the general steps below. Most of the browsers have same settings; just the menu names can be different. Here, I will show the steps to disable proxy settings in Firefox.
- Open Firefox and go to ‘Options.’
- In ‘Advanced’ tab, go to ‘Network.’
- Click on Settings tab at the right side of the ‘Connection’ option
- In the pop-up window, select “No Proxy” option and click OK
- Your proxy settings are disabled in the browser
- Now, press Windows + R to open the Run dialog box and type ‘ inetcpl.cpl,’ click Ok
- Go to the Connections tab and click on ‘Lan Settings’ button
- Check whether your proxy settings are ok or not, select according to your preferences
Solution-3: Reset the TCP/IP protocol settings
- Press Windows + X key and choose ‘Windows PowerShell (Admin)’ which is a command prompt in Windows 10 system
- In the Window prompt, type command ‘netsh int ip reset resetlog.txt.’
- Now, restart the system and check if the problem is solved.
Solution-4: Disable or uninstall the Antivirus program
Many users will not like this, but you may know that your Windows system comes with an inbuilt antivirus program called as ‘Windows Defender.’ So even if you disable or uninstall the third-party antivirus software, your system still will be protected from malware, viruses, and other potential threats. Sometimes, your antivirus program causes the problem of ‘Windows Could not Automatically Detect This Network’s Proxy Settings Windows 10’, so it can be good if you first disable it or uninstall it from your system. After you uninstall your antivirus program, check that the network proxy settings issue is fixed.
Solution-5: System Restore or SFC scan
Sometimes, if the autodetect proxy setup caused due to the corrupted or infected programs or files, making the System Restore can be a good option. If you don’t know how to setup System Restore on Windows 10, then you can visit the official Microsoft website and get help from there.
The System File Checker (SFC) command performs a scan and replaces your corrupted files with the correct ones. To perform an SFC scan, follow the below steps:
- Open Windows tab by pressing Windows + S key
- Type cmd and when you see ‘Command Prompt,’ right click on it and select ‘Run as Administrator.’
- Now type the command ‘sfc / scan now’ and then press Enter
- Wait until the process finishes and check the results
Troubleshoot the Windows Problem
You may know or not, the proxy issues in an Operating System like Windows 10 can create many problems like slow internet speed, system hanging, lag in game and video playing, etc. If you are also facing ‘Windows could not detect proxy settings in Windows 10” error, then the above solutions will surely help you to fix it.
Let me know your thoughts on the solutions provided here and if you something else which can be better and effective, just hit the comment section below.