Today in this guide, I will provide you easy fixes to the error of Bluestacks not working on Windows 10 PCs. Check out the information on what is Bluestacks, what is the initialization error, why you may face such issue on your system, and how to fix it.
What is Bluestacks?
You know that the Bluestacks software allows you to turn your PC or laptop into an Android device. You can download and use any of the apps from the PlayStore on your Windows PC as you do on your mobile phone. Initially, you can use it free and then you need to pay only $2/month to continue the usage. It’s a cheap and risk-free Android App Player for the PC users. Today, millions of people are using Bluestacks features worldwide.
What is Bluestacks Stuck on Initializing Error?
This is one of the most common errors while running the Bluestacks app player on Windows systems, especially on Windows 10. When you see that the screen stuck at the time of initializing and the home screen of the app is not opening for a longer time, then you are facing the issue of Bluestacks crashing or Bluestacks freezing.
Reasons behind Bluestacks not working
This problem also occurs due to some most common and neglected reasons.
- If your system does not have enough specifications to handle it.
- If you don’t have the latest version of the Bluestacks software.
- Your system is older like Windows 7/8/XP which at sometimes can’t handle the app.
- You have installed the Bluestacks program recently and opening it for the first time.
- Some common issues of the Administrative rights.
Check the solution guide below to fix this error.
How to fix Bluestacks not working issue on Windows 10?
I too had faced this issue when I was using the Windows 8.1 OS on my PC. I researched and applied some of the tactics to solve the error and at some point, succeeded too. Before going through the guide, make sure that you have a 2.4GHz processor, 3-4GB of space, and a dedicated graphics card to run the Bluestacks app player on your machine.
In basic steps, try to close and then reopen the Bluestacks app. Restart your PC once. If you are using the laptop, then plug it in and then open the app and see if it is working properly. If not, then go for the below solutions.
Solution-1: Update the Bluestacks app to the latest version
First of all, check whether you are using the latest version of the app or not. If you do not have the updated version of the Bluestacks app, then also it may cause the error of initializing.
So, to fix this, uninstall the app from your PC, then go to the official site to download the latest Bluestacks software. You should also check the support of the .NET framework for the compatibility of the app. If you do not have it, install from the Microsoft’s official website.
To remove the Bluestacks app completely from your system, follow the below steps;
- Press Windows + S key, write ‘Control Panel’ and click on it when shown
- Select ‘Uninstall a program’ under the ‘Programs’ tab
- See for the Bluestacks app, right click on it and choose ‘Uninstall.’
- Now remove the folders and files mentioned below:
- C:\Program Files\BlueStacks
- After that, press Windows + R key and in the Run box type, ‘%temp%’ and click on ‘Ok.’
- Search for the ‘BST’ files and delete all of them
- You can also use some third party software like ‘CCleaner’ to clean up the registry. Do this when you have completely removed Bluestacks
- Restart your PC
- And download the latest version of Bluestacks app from the site
Solution-2: Use the Administrative rights (compatibility mode) of the app
- First, find the location of the Bluestacks app. Right click on the app icon and then choose ‘Properties.’
- Now, go to the ‘Compatibility’ tab. Tick on the box ahead of ‘Run this program in the compatibility mode for:” and then choose the relevant OS version from the drop-down menu
- Click on ‘Apply’ and then ‘Ok.’
- Now, Go to the ‘Security’ tab and select the proper user name
- Click on ‘Edit’ and then make a tick in front of the ‘Full control’ permission
- Click ‘Apply’ and then ‘Ok.’
Solution-3: Report the problem to the website
If nothing from the mentioned tricks and solutions help, then you should send a report to the official website. The company will analyze the reports and try to solve the error for you. To send the report to BlueStacks:
- On the BlueStacks screen, click on the ‘Settings’ icon on the top-right corner and then choose ‘Report Problem.’
- A popup window of ‘App Player Support Tool’ will open. Add your email address, select the category, subcategory. You can also attach the screenshot of the problem if you have taken any
- Now click on ‘Send’ button
- When the company troubleshoots the problem, then you will be intimated by the email.
This tips and solutions will surely help you to get rid of the Bluestacks stuck on initializing problem in Windows 10 and other systems. You can also check for the latest drivers updates to make them compatible and supportive to the current Bluestacks software.
If you know any other reliable method to solve this problem, then do mention it in the comment section below. Also, let me know for any other particular problem on your Windows system. I will try to search for the solution for it and then share my experiences here.