Majority of the electronic devices nowadays don’t use the low-quality cable hook up.If you want to watch the media on your new HDTV, you need to pass the coaxial signal to it from an Antenna or a cable box or an HDMI Cable.
However, if you are using an old television then chances are your TV might not a cable receiver. In this case, you need to connect cable hook up and convert it into an RCA cable connection. Unfortunately, if you don’t know how to connect the antenna to a TV without coax, then don’t worry this guide will make things easier for you.
There are various ways to do this process. Let’s see each of them in detail.
- Connect Antenna
- Hook up Cable
- Connect HDMI
So let’s get started.
How to Hook Up the Cable to a TV Without Coax
- First, search for the coaxial converter on your converter box and attach the coaxial cable to it.
- Now grab the RCA cable to receive audio signals and attach the ports to the connector device.
- Connect the other end of the cable which consists of video signals to the post of your TV.
- Press the “input” button on your television and check for “video.”
How to Connect the Antenna to a TV Without Coax
- Connect the coaxial cable in the “RF IN” port of your TV.
- Connect the other end of the output to the antenna.
- Do proper tightening of the metal cable at each side of the coaxial cable so that you don’t lose any power.
- Plug the power into the indoor antenna.
- Finally, power on the TV and you are good to go.
How to Connect HDMI Cable to TV
HDMI cables transfer both audio and video signals through a single port directly to your TV.
- Connect the HDMI cable to the back of your TV.
- Power on the TV and you can now enjoy HD videos on your TV.
Note: HDMI cable technology is only available on the latest TV’s you won’t find it on the old TV. For old TV’s use any of the two methods mentioned above.
I hope you liked the guide on how to connect a coaxial cable to the tv without coaxial input. If you want multiple connections from a single cable resource, then you can use a good quality cable splitter which comes in a variety of ways like 2-way, 3-way, 8-way, etc. to provide you the convenience you need. Let me know in the comments section if you face any difficulties, and I’d be more than happy to hear from you.
My coax plug is broke my ?is there a way to hook the antenna up to a rca plug and use it that way