If you are looking for a low-cost and a low-power solution for the wireless sensor networks, then the Arduino Xbee shield is the best option to choose. The Arduino Xbee Shield (Module) is easy to use, consumes less power, and provides reliable transmission between devices. It allows you to use Zigbee for the wireless communication of your Arduino board. There are various brands available who provides good Arduino Xbee modules, but if you want the best output, then you should get the best Arduino Xbee Shield. So, I have researched and filtered the list of the “Arduino Xbee Shield(Module)” to help you to get the maximum output from your Arduino board.
Best Arduino Xbee Shield
The Arduino Xbee Shield from SainSmart allows a wireless communication by connecting to an Arduino board with a modified ZigBee protocol. From the standard Arduino Zigbee shield, it has the 2-3 times more range.
Features of the SainSmart Arduino Xbee Shield are:
- Easy installation with the Arduino board
- Consumes low power
- Works with the basic AT commands
- 2-3 times more range from the standard Arduino Zigbee module
- Compatible with Arduino UNO, Mega, Nano, Duemilanove, and Due boards
Check the specifications and features of the Arduino Xbee Shield below:
- It has a maximum operating temperature of +85 degree Celsius
- It supports Zigbee, RoHS 802.15.4 modules
- The antenna has the frequency band of 2.4GHz and a sight range of 133 ft to 400 ft
- The module has the data rate of 250 kbps and 96dBm sensitivity
- It has an operating supply voltage of 2.1V to 3.6V
The Digi International Inc. has designed this Xbee module for Arduino which improves the output of the power and data protocol. It allows reliable and simple wireless communication between computers, microcontrollers, etc.
This is the official Arduino Xbee module designed by the Arduino Org. You can create awesome wireless Arduino projects with seamless connectivity by using this Arduino Xbee shield.
The Arduino Xbee Shield Module has features like:
- It is the official Arduino Xbee shield
- It accepts popular XBee module from the Zigbee protocol from Digi
- You can create wonderful Arduino wireless projects with this Arduino Xbee shield
- Perfectly compatible with the Arduino UNO, Mega and Yun
- You can easily program it with X-CTU of Mac and a USB header
SparkFun has fixed the minor issues of space and labeling by updating this Arduino Xbee Shield by keeping the same functionality. It simplifies the task of interfacing between your Arduino board and a Xbee module. It works with all the XBee modules including the Series 1 & 2 (2.5), pro and standard versions.
Specifications and features of the SparkFun XBee shield for Arduino are:
- It directly mounts on your Arduino board
- The Xbee DIN and DOUT pins connect either with the UART pins or the digital pins on the Arduino board
- It has prototyping holes of 0.1” space
- It has an indicator LED lights for the DIN, DOUT, Power, RSSI, and DIO5
SainSmart Arduino Xbee Shield has features like:
- It is a fully assembled Xbee shield
- It achieves a simple Zigbee network of two crunodal
- It works with all the Xbee modules
- Completely compatible with the Arduino UNO, Mega, Nano, Arduino R3, and Mega2560
- Inbuilt Bluetooth for the wireless control
The SainSmart has designed this Arduino Xbee V03 Shield to achieve a hassle free wireless communication between an Arduino board and the Zigbee network. It works with all types of XBee modules including the version 1 and 2 (2.5), standard and pro versions.
Right now, the Arduino Xbee shield or the Arduino Zigbee shield is used widely in Australia, Canada, US, Europe, and Israel. And the features and the ability it has, it is becoming popular in the other areas of the world also. It supports a wide range of data system applications through the RF communication and also you can make advanced configuration using the simple AT commands. Hope you had a good time by checking this list of the “Arduino Xbee Shield(Module)” and have selected one from it to make a best wireless communication with your Arduino Board.