- Best Arduino WiFi Shield
- 1. Addicore 2pcs nRF24L01+ 2.4GHz Arduino Wireless Transceiver in Antistatic Foam
- 2. Official Arduino WiFi Shield
- 3. Dragino All-in-one Yun Shield for Arduino Which supports WiFi, Linux, Ethernet and USB
- 4. Blue3D Esp8266 Esp-01 Serial Arduino Wifi Shield Wireless Transceiver Module – Black Edition
- 5. Diymall® Esp8266 Serial Arduino Wireless Module 2pcs
- 6. OSOYOO ESP8266 Web Server Serial Port Arduino WiFi Shield Expansion Board
An Arduino WiFi Shield helps you to build an affordable DIY home automation system. It is cheap and simple to configure and use. You can directly interface the WiFi shield with your computer which means you do not need any extra module or an antenna like XBee. You can also use an Arduino WiFi shield to directly connect your project with the web services like Xively, which enables your project to connect with the IoT (Internet of Things). The best example to connect your project with IoT is, you can easily monitor your home temperature online, without making your computer act as a central system. You can do everything you think that can be done with the Arduino using the best wifi module. I have made this list of the “Arduino WIFi Shield & Transceiver Module” to help you choose a perfect Arduino wireless Transceiver to create awesome Arduino DIY projects.
Best Arduino WiFi Shield
Specifications of the Addicore Arduino Wireless Transceiver are:
- It is an nRF24L01, 2.4GHz ISM band wireless transceiver from Addicore
- It includes components with an onboard support and an antenna with 2.4GHz frequency for an easy implementation
- In ideal conditions, it has a communication range of 80 meters (262 feet)
- Has an Auto-acknowledge and auto-retransmit features
- The wifi module has a 5V tolerant input, which enables to have a direct connection of SPI pins to Arduino
- Compatible with the Arduino and Raspberry Pi
The Addicore has made this 2pcs Arduino Wireless Transceiver, which has pins protected with an anti-static foam and the modules in a resealable packaging. It comes with an Addicore nRF24L01 plus a product information card. You can make a number of applications like remote control systems, wireless peripherals, wireless voice transmissions, etc. The Arduino Wireless Transceiver from Addicore is a bestseller on Amazon in Computer Networking Transceivers category.
The Arduino has made this WiFi shield, which helps you to connect your Arduino to the internet wirelessly. It supports the 802.11n latest wireless standards. The Arduino WiFi shield connects with your Arduino board with long wire-wrap headers.
Features of the Official Arduino WiFi Shield are:
- It connects with the Arduino via 802.11b/g wireless networks
- Supports WEP and WPA2 Personal security encryption types
- Connects via an SPI port which extends through the shield
- Has an FTDI connection for a serial debugging
- It has a mini USB to update the WiFi shield firmware
For an Arduino board, Yun Shields are one of the most powerful shields, which are designed to solve the Internet connectivity issue and storage issue for the Arduino boards. The Yun shield runs an Open Source OpenWrt system and is fully compatible with the Arduino IDE v1.5.4 and later versions.
Specifications and features of the Dragino All-in-one Arduino Yun Shield are:
- It consumes low power
- Supports the internet connection via WiFi, LAN port or a 3G dongle
- It has an Open Source Linux inside
- Compatible with the Arduino IDE v1.5.4 and later
- Also compatible with the standard Arduino boards like Arduino UNO, Leonardo, Mega, Duemilanove, and Diecimila
- It is managed by WiFi, Web GUI, or built-in web server
The Arduino WiFi shield Wireless Transceiver from Blue3D has features like:
- With this powerful shield, you can add the wifi capabilities to your Arduino board or other microcontroller projects
- It is integrated with the TCP/IP protocol stack
- Supports the latest 802.11b/g/n wireless standards
- It has a wifi serial transceiver module, which is based on the ESP8266 SoC
- It has an increased Flash memory of 1MB
- Supports SPI, UART, SDIO 1.1/2.0, WiFi-direct (P2P), and soft-AP
Blue3D ™ has specially designed this black edition for an Arduino wifi shield, which provides a simple serial interface to the WiFi chip through an AT command. It enables you to easily connect home automation, Internet of Things (IoT), or a remote controlled DIY project to a WiFi connection.
Product description of the Diymall Esp8266 Arduino Wireless Module is as under:
- It is an Esp8266 Serial WiFi Arduino Transceiver module
- Supports the 802.11 b/g/n wireless standard
- It is perfectly compatible with the Arduino
- Contains one-year manufacturer warranty
- The company also offers the free sample to the people who make review and projects
Diymall has designed this Esp8266 Arduino Wireless Module in 2pcs with an Integrated TCP/IP stack protocol. It has a flash memory size of 1MB and supports the wifi security modes like WPA and WPA2 personal.
The ESP8266 Arduino WiFi Shield from OSOYOO has multiplex configuration function keys and two DIP switches which enable the Arduino switching and a serial port expansion.
Check the features of the OSOYOO ESP8266 Arduino WiFi Shield below:
- It supports WiFi by using the ESP8266 industrial grade chips
- It is perfectly compatible with the Arduino UNO, Arduino Mega2560 and other Arduino boards
- It has a serial port DIP switch to using the expansion board as an Arduino UNO
- It supports the latest WiFi web server configurations
- It can also be used as an ESP8266 independent development board
All the above Arduino WiFi Shields are simple to build, simple to configure and simple to use. They are also available at a cheap rate, so you have not to go beyond your budget to set up a wireless home automation system or other DIY projects. Hope you enjoyed the list of the “Arduino WIFi Shield & Transceiver Module”, and soon start your wireless DIY project by using one of these Arduino WiFi shields.