- Best Arduino Motor Control Shield
- 1. SainSmart L293D Arduino Motor Shield Duemilanove Mega UNO R3 AVR ATMEL
- 2. DROK® L298N Motor Drive Controller Board DC Dual H-Bridge Robot Arduino Stepper Motor Control
- 3. Adafruit Motor/Stepper/Servo Shield for Arduino v2.3 Kit
- 4. SainSmart L298N Dual H Bridge Arduino Stepper Motor Shield Controller Board Module
- 5. Arduino Motor Shield R3 from Arduino Team
The Arduino motor shield is a perfect way of controlling servos, stepper or DC motors. It can control more than one DC motor, Servo motor or Arduino stepper motor. For the beginners in the field of electronics, the Arduino DC motor shield and the Arduino Servo Shield are a good option to start their journey Arduino world because of their ease of use and cheaper prices. The Arduino stepper motor control shield is also recommended for the electronic pros for its versatility and the ways they can use it for. I have made this list of the “Arduino Servo/DC/Stepper motor Control Shield” to help you find a best motor control shield for your beloved Arduino device. Let us check some of the best Arduino Stepper Motor Shields which are currently available in the market.
Best Arduino Motor Control Shield
SainSmart has designed this L293D Arduino Motor Shield, which is a high voltage, a monolithic integrated, a high current and 4-channel driver. It can handle up to a 25V power supply. The L293D Arduino motor shield is typically known as a type of H–bridge also, which enables the voltage to be applied across the load in either direction to an output (For example – a motor).
Check the specifications of the SainSmart L293D Arduino Motor Shield below:
- High-quality and brand new motor shield for Arduino
- It can drive 2 Servo motors or 2 stepper motors or 4 DC motors
- It allows you to use DC motors and power supplies of up to 10 volts
- The Arduino DC motor shield also includes a reset button, 4 H-bridges, and 2 external terminal power interfaces
- It is tested and compatible for the Arduino Mega, Duemilanove and Diecimila
- Its dimensions are 6.8cmx5.5cmx2cm
- A perfect Arduino stepper motor shield you can use
Let’s see the amazing features of DROK L298N Arduino Motor Shield Controller Board:
- It provides strong driving ability, strong anti-interference, small heating, and a low calorific value
- The H-bridge driver of dual channel helps to create higher working efficiency
- It also features afterflow protection diode and a huge capacity of filter capacitance
- More reliable and stable
It is recommended to use an external 5V logic supply to avoid the damage when you are working with a 12V driving voltage. It has an H-bridge dual driver operating mode which can drive a current in polarity and can be controlled by a PWM (Pulse Width Modulation). This Arduino stepper motor shield is tested under different conditions and is compatible for the Arduino Smart Car Power UNO MEGA R3, Mega2560 Duemilanove nanorobot controller. Check more details of the DROK L298N Arduino Stepper Motor Control on Amazon.
From one of my most beloved motor shields, the Adafruit Arduino motor shield is something better than the others. This Arduino stepper motor shield is upgraded by Adafruit to make a better and easy way to drive the DC and stepper motors. It helps you to get done with your robotic project quickly and easily.
Features of the Arduino Stepper Motor Shield from Adafruit are:
- It has two connections for 5V servos
- Latest version of v2.3 Arduino kit
- Perfect and stackable design
- Contains 4 H-bridges
- Instead of an L293D driver, it contains TB6612 MOSFET driver
- Also contains a completely dedicated PWM driver chip
- Compatible with any Arduino including Arduino UNO, Leonardo, Due, and Mega R3
Specifications and features of the SainSmart L298N Arduino Stepper Motor Shield are:
- Contains dual H-bridge L298N DC motor driver
- Peak current of 2A
- The operating current has the logic part of 0 ~ 36mA
- The maximum power consumed by this Arduino motor shield is 20W
- Has an input voltage range of 0.3V to 1.5V and 2.3V to Vss
- Perfect stepper motor shield for the Arduino UNO, Mega R3, and Mega2560
I personally bought this Arduino motor shield for my Autonomous RC Truck project. It worked great with my Arduino UNO board. Controlling the drive and steering motors with the help of this awesome controller shield was easy and joyful. I personally recommend this Arduino stepper motor shield, especially for the beginners in the electronics field.
This is the official Arduino motor shield from the Arduino Team. It is perfectly compatible with the Arduino UNO R3. It is based on the L298 datasheet. It is a dual bridge driver, which is designed for driving the inductive loads such as DC, solenoids, relays and stepping motors.
Let’s see some specifications of the Official Arduino Motor Shield:
- Completely designed to be compatible with the Arduino R3 board
- Has an operating voltage of 5 to 12V
- It can drive 2 DC motors or 1 Arduino stepper motor
- It can take maximum current of 2A, you can extend it for up to 4A using an external power supply
- Current sensing of 1.65V/A
- Also compatible to TinkerKit modules
Hope you liked the list of the “Arduino Servo/DC/Stepper motor Control Shield” and will get one from the list soon. The best Arduino motor shield helps you to control the direction and the speed of the Arduino motor. As the Arduino motor shields are popular, they are easy to find online. The best resource to get the Arduino motor shield is Amazon. They can be your little cool friends for creating rapid prototyping and most common experimentations.