- 1. Pixy (CMUcam5) Object Tracking Camera with Smart Vision Sensor for Raspberry Pi, Arduino, and BeagleBone
- 2. Arducam Mini Arduino Camera Shield with OV2640 2 MP Lens Compatible With UNO Mega2560 Board
- 3. SainSmart Infrared Night Vision Camera Module for Arduino and Raspberry Pi
- 4. DROK® VGA OV7670 Arduino Camera Sensor Module With CMOS SCCB Interface
- 5. Yosoo OV7670 Sensor 300KP VGA Arduino Camera Module
- 6. Arducam OV7670 640×480 CMOS Sensor Arduino Camera Module
Quite a time is passed, since my last post on the Arduino. Who else missed it, too? The Arduino is an Open-source platform which allows prototyping based on the easy to use software and hardware. It is the strongest competitor of the Raspberry Pi. It provides a quite simple and accessible user experience at the time of developing a thousand of projects and applications.
Arduino has a lot of capabilities those make it the best option for beginners as well as advanced users of electronics. But, from among only a few lacks of the best electronics device, one is that it slows in buffering raw images of big sizes. For this, you need a DMA or a more advanced memory to make it happen. But, thanks to the technology inventors, a more advanced and useful option is to use a Best Arduino Camera Module to capture full-resolution images. There are a number of options you can see online for buying a good camera module for Arduino, but for getting a perfect Arduino camera shield, you should have a knowledge of all the best options of the camera for Arduino. And to make your task easier, I have created this list of the “Arduino Camera Module (Shield)”. Check the list, compare the best options here and choose a perfect camera for Arduino you own.
The Charmed Labs and CMU have combinedly designed this object tracking camera with a smart vision sensor named as Pixy. You can use it with any type of microcontroller. It fully supports the Raspberry Pi, Arduino, and BeagleBone Black with the software libraries it includes.
Specifications and features Pixy CMUcam5 Raspberry Pi Camera Module are:
- Easy made robot vision, which lets you teach Pixy an object by pressing a button
- You can simplify the programming to just receive the objects you are interested in
- Supports the several communication interfaces like SPI, UART, I2C, USB or digital/analog output
- Fully compatible with the Raspberry Pi, Arduino and BeagleBone
- Supports multiple Operating Systems like Windows, Linux, and Mac OS
The Arducam Mini camera module is specifically designed for the Arduino UNO Mega2560 Board. It is an optimized version with a 2 Megapixel high definition SPI camera.
Features of the Arducam Camera Shield for Arduino are:
- OV2640 image sensor of 2 MP
- It can also be used with the Raspberry Pi, ARM, MCU, DSP, and FPGA platforms
- IR sensitive module with a proper lens combination
- An SPI interface for the camera commands and the data stream
- It can be used as an IoT (Internet of Things) camera, wildlife camera or a robot camera also
- It has an open source code library to be used for the Arduino, Raspberry Pi, Chipkit, STM32, and BeagleBone Black
The SainSmart has designed this night vision infrared surveillance camera, which is compatible with the Arduino and the Raspberry Pi. It stills pictures with the 2592×1944 resolution and shoots videos at 1080p @30 fps, 720p @ 60 fps, and 640x480p 60/90 with a MIPI camera serial interface.
Check the features of the SainSmart night vision camera module for Arduino:
- A perfect night vision Arduino camera module
- Also compatible with the Raspberry Pi modules
- Has a fixed focus module with an Omnivision 5647 sensor
- BCM2835 processor for having the capability of handling extremely high data rates
- Has a native resolution of 5 megapixels
The OV7670 Arduino Camera Sensor Module from DROK has features like:
- An OV7670 image sensor with a small size, low voltage single-chip VGA camera
- The SCCB bus control allows you to output the entire image frame, taking a variety of windows, sub-sampled, etc
- The highly sensitive camera module is perfect for illumination of applications
- The low voltage feature enables it to be suitable for the embedded applications
- It has a standard SCCB interface which is compatible with the I2C Interface
The DROK Arduino Camera Sensor Module has an automatic control functions like automatic gain control, automatic exposure control, automatic white balance, automatic black level calibration image quality control, automatic elimination of light strips, and much more. This camera sensor module is perfectly compatible with the Arduino devices.
The Yosoo VGA camera module is specifically designed for the Arduino devices. It has an OV7670 sensor with 300KP resolution, which is specially designed for the image acquisition and processing application, to read images via UART serial port and then performing the image processing. It is available in the mixture of black and blue colors, and mad with a combination of PCB, plastic, and metal materials.
The OV7670 Arducam CMOS sensor camera module is perfect for Arduino platform. You can also use it with Maple, STM32, ARM, DSP, FPGA like platforms. It is a low cost 0.3 megapixel Arduino camera module which offers a 640×480 VGA resolution.
Features of Arducam OV7670 CMOS Sensor Arduino Camera Module are:
- It is powered from a +3.3V power supply
- It supports different output formats like RAW, RGB, YCbCr422, YUV422/420, etc.
- Comes with a standard SCCb interface which is compatible with the I2C interface
- Supports VGA, CIF image sizes
- If you use it for embedded portable apps, then it will operate on low voltage
Hope you liked the list of the “Arduino Camera Module (Shield)”, which allows you to have high-resolution images without exploding the mind of your beloved device. Each and every Arduino camera module (shield) from the above list is easily mountable and comes with a high-quality optics. Choose the best Arduino camera board from the options available here.