- Best Portable Monitors
- 1. AOC e1659Fwu 16-Inch Portable Travel Monitor
- 2. ASUS MB168B HD Portable USB Powered Monitor
- 3. GeChic 2501C 15.6″ Portable Computer Monitor
- 4. ASUS MB169B+ 15.6″ LED-Lit USB Monitor
- 5. GeChic 2501H 15.6″ Portable USB Monitor
- 6. Lilliput 7” UM70 LCD Portable Travel Monitor
- 7. HP EliteDisplay S140u G8R65A8#ABA 14” LED-Lit Monitor
- How to choose the best portable monitor?
The Portable USB Powered Monitors are compared and reviewed here. These portable computer monitors will help you at the time of presentations, business purposes, using as a photo frame, etc. They can be controlled by your PC or laptop, which makes a very easy using and carrying process. Also, if you are a person who travels frequently and wants a perfect second screen option for your laptop, then an external USB monitor is a good fit for it.
As you know, different monitors have different capabilities, features, sizes, and pricing. So, depending on your requirements and needs, you can choose a perfect product for you. I have filtered out some of the best portable monitors by researching and analyzing all the characteristics and made this list. Let’s check it below.
Best Portable Monitors
The AOC 16-Inch e1659Fwu USB monitor is a nice-looking, lightweight, affordable, and on the go second screen solution for the professionals. This portable USB powered monitor is having a better picture quality and a sleeker design with a well-built kickstand.
Check the features and specifications of the AOC Portable Computer Monitor below:
- 16” widescreen display with 200cd/m2 brightness
- HD 1366×768 resolutions and 500:1 contrast ratio
- Foldable design which enables the USB monitor to have a portrait or landscape view with a 16:9 aspect ratio in the auto-pivot mode
- Thin, lightweight, easy to use and carry on-the-go second screen option for the presentations and frequent travelers
- It has a built in DLT (Display Link Technology) which helps in creating multiple USB monitor connection
- Available in pro and standard versions
A sharp resolution of 1080p, lightweight design, MAC, and USB 3.0 compatibility make the ASUS MB168B a strong performer among the best portable monitors of the year. From the modesty of having a 1366×768 resolution of the world’s top USB monitors, the ASUS has changed this by introducing a USB powered monitor with a 15.6-inch display with a 1920×1080 resolution.
Features of ASUS MB168B Portable Travel Monitor are:
- The slimmest and lightest USB monitor in the world with a sleek and metallic body
- Portable design with a USB 3.0 cable for the data and power transmission
- Auto-rotating bundled display with a Smart case from ASUS
- A great choice for frequent travelers
- 3-year manufacturer warranty from ASUS
The latest and smartest model from GeChic offers a great resolution of 1366×768 pixels which results in a larger and smarter display than a smartphone or tablet. If you are a businessman or a person who travels a lot and looking for a second screen option for laptop or other mobile devices, then the GeChic 2501C is a good choice. It has an ultra-thin and lightweight design to help in increasing the overall productivity.
Specifications of this Portable USB Monitor from GeChic are:
- Just plug and play, no need for installing drivers
- 15.6” display with 1366×768 resolution
- USB-powered monitor with built-in speakers and Audio Jack
- A black cover also comes with the USB monitor which doubles as a stand
- 2.27lbs weight and thickness of 1.28cm
- One of the top USB powered monitors of 2016 – 2017
The ASUS MB169B+ is an advanced version of the previously designed USB monitor from the leading technology giant. It is one of the slimmest and the lightest external computer monitor in the world. It is having an auto-rotating display, which is bundled with an ASUS smart case. This case provides a two-way adjustable stand and a protective sleeve for a better user-friendly experience.
Check the features of the USB Powered Monitor from ASUS:
- 15.6” wide-screen Full HD display
- Comes with a USB 3.0 cable for data and power transmission
- Lightest and slimmest USB monitor in the world
- Auto-rotating display bundled with a smart case from ASUS
- 3-year manufacturer warranty from ASUS
Again from GeChic, a top-quality USB powered monitor with adjustable color settings and HDMI, VGA inputs has been introduced for its users. The 2501H is an upgraded version which includes a new IPS panel and offers a vivid 1920×1080 resolution.
Advanced features and specifications of the GeChic 2501H USB Powered Monitor are:
- 15.6” wide-angle IPS portable monitor
- It offers a 160-degree viewing angle which allows a better playing experience
- You can adjust the color temperature and the color effect
- Lightweight and slim design makes it perfect for travel
- Having adjustable color settings
- You can connect it to your smartphone, laptop, camera, game consoles or even with your beloved Raspberry Pi kit
The UM70 portable monitor from Lilliput can be used as a second screen for your laptop or PC. You need to just connect a USB cable to it, and you are ready to go. No need to connect any extra cable for power or VGA input.
Features and specifications of the Lilliput UM70 Portable USB Monitor are:
- It has a 7” display size with 800×480 pixels resolution
- No external power source needed, just a USB cable for both power and data transfer
- Non-touchscreen display
- A perfect USB powered monitor to use as a second screen
- You can use it in both ways; vertically or horizontally
- LCD backlight to view sharp picture content
You will get the ability to have a dual-workspace with the HP S140u elite display which is an ultra-thin, compact, and high-resolution USB powered monitor. It comes in a foldable design which makes it an extremely portable second screen for working especially while traveling.
Specifications and Features of HP EliteDisplay S140u Portable External Monitor are:
- It has a 14” anti-glare/matte screen which is enough for a second display option
- Native resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels and up to 200 nits brightness
- 8 ms response rate which is bearable for a USB powered monitor
- A single USB 3.0 cable needed for power and data transfer
- Compatible with both Windows and Mac Operating Systems
- Ultra-portable and stylish design with an easy setup makes it a perfect external monitor for travel purpose
Comparison of top 3 portable monitors
|AOC e1659Fwu USB Powered Portable Monitor||ASUS MB MB169B+ LED-Lit Monitor||GeChic 2501C Portable Monitor|
|Screen Size||15.6 inches||15.6 inches||15.6 inches|
|Screen Resolution||1366×768 pixels||1920 x 1080 pixels||1366×768 pixels|
|Weight||2.4 pounds||1.8 pounds||2.3 pounds|
|Dimensions||9.2 x 1.4 x 14.6 inches||17.2 x 2.3 x 11.7 inches||15.2 x 10.2 x 0.5 inches|
|Brightness||220 cd/m²||200 cd/m²||200 cd/m²|
We all know that using two screens on our computer makes us more productive. After reviewing the best portable monitors, I think you should be now looking to buy one of them as well.
How to choose the best portable monitor?
Though the portable computer monitor is not always needed while you work during traveling, it surely adds a little bit amount of increase in the space of your work. And when it comes to the productivity rate, then you want to get the best product which also fits in your budget. There are some considerations which can help you to choose the perfect second screen option for your work. They are mentioned below:
Panel technology: As far as concerned with the USB powered monitors, the panel technology doesn’t matter most unless you are going to use it for high-resolution video playing. TN, IPS, VA, and PLS are one of the most used panel types for the monitors. TN is the cheapest, VA is better, and IPS & PLS are the best in the recent times.
Resolution: This is one of the most essential things while buying a monitor whether for working or gaming. It is the pixel numbers of the monitor’s screen which is measured in horizontal x vertical. 1920 x 1080 is one of the standard resolutions of portable monitors.
Connectors: You are getting a second screen option in the form of a portable monitor for your laptop or PC. So, you need to take the attachment option in the considerations too. Most portable monitors require only a single cable for both power and data transfer, but some extra input slots like an HDMI and Thunderbolt can add nothing but an extra capability to the display.
Size: As far as you can manage with space and price, the bigger screen is preferable. While from the 7” to 16” size is a standard for the portable monitors, there are a number of varieties available today for the monitor size like ultrawide, curved, etc. If you are getting it for a promotional purpose or want to put it to display the features, services, or any other information related to the business, then such big screen monitor can be a good choice for you.
Price: Last but not the least, price matters. With the increased number of inputs, better resolution, and a bigger screen can add a couple or more hundreds of bucks to the price of a USB powered monitor. If you are going to get a portable gaming monitor, then the higher contrast, faster response rate, broader color spectrum, and other graphic properties can also boost the price. So, you should consider these factors while deciding the budget to purchase a good value for money USB monitor.
All of these portable monitors are having slim and lightweight designs, USB 2.0 or USB 3.0 connectivity, portability, great display with an awesome screen resolution and other great features. Hope you will find your perfect second screen option from the above list of the best portable monitors.
Like and share this list to give an advantage of the great portable monitors to your friends. Let them know which USB powered monitor you bought and how it is helping in your productivity. You can share your ideas and also can ask for any query related to the second screen of your laptop.