The current scenario is that humans may live without other people but might not survive without the internet. There are many data cards, plans, schemes, and networks available in the market just to give better facilities of the web. Many inventions and innovations are coming out for the quick and fast internet such as WiFi, the wireless internet. After that, the world became more advanced and the limits are widened for the possibilities. Today, I will cover the review of one of such highly potential wireless adapters for gaming and other desktop tasks, the Edimax EW-7811Un here.
As you all know that high-speed internet requires a router that passes signals via the Ethernet connection as well as through the air, especially if you want to connect wirelessly, such multi-capable router is essential. There are two types of routers – Dual band router and Single band router. The important thing is that you must have wireless adapters, whether internal or external, to your computer so that you can connect to a wireless network.
Edimax EW-7811Un Review
Here, you will get to know about Edimax ew-7811un wireless 802.11b/g/n nano adapter. This small device can make a huge difference on your internet speed. Don’t get fooled because of its compact size. The WiFi speed of this little device can be increased three times, say from 54Mbps to direct 150Mbps.
Features of Edimax USB WiFi adapter
- It supports smart transmit power control and auto idle state adjustment. Thus, it is useful in green energy saving.
- It includes multi-language EZmax setup wizard.
- It supports 64/128-bit WPA and WPA2 encryption. It is also WPS-compatible and supports WEP.
- Running QoS-WMM, and WMM – power saving mode is useful.
- As mentioned, it complies with wireless 802.11b/g/n standards with the speed of 150 Mbps – increases wireless coverage 3 times further.
Specifications of Edimax ew-7811Un
|Specification||Edimax wireless adapter driver|
|Hardware Interface||1 USB 1.0/2.0 Type A, Internal Antenna|
|Frequency Band||2.4GHz to 5GHz|
|Security||WEP 64/128, WPA, WPA2, and IEEE802.1x, Software WPS configuration|
|Humidity||10 to 90% (non-condensing, operating)
Maximum 95% (non-condensing, storage)
|Temperature|| 0 to 40 degrees (operating)
-20 to -60 degrees (storage)
|Certificates||CE, FCC, WiFi|
|Standard||IEEE802.11b, 802.11g, 802.11n|
|Data Rate||11b: 1/2/5.5/11Mbps
11n (20MHz): MCS0-7 (up to 72Mbps)
11n (40MHz): MCS0-7 (up to 150Mbps)
|System Requirements||Windows XP/Vista/7/8/8.1/10,
Linux, Mac OS.
Thus, according to the survey and research, the plus points of this USB adapter are; its compact size, easy installation, and price. Even being the perfect device for an optimized throughput, sometimes its performance may fall off at the long range.
Benefits of a Wireless Adapter
‘USB WiFi adapter’ is the most commonly used external option to improve the wireless internet network. There are many benefits of using WiFi adapter like;
- It can free all the Ethernet cables from the computer
- There is no need to install the internal hardware as USB adapters just plug into the port on your computer.
- It eliminates the need of Ethernet cable to run the internet.
- It also reduces the chances of purchasing newer laptop or computer as even if your internal wireless cards are broken or outdated, as you can easily buy an inexpensive USB WiFi adapter and just plugging it into the USB drive.
- Moreover, it allows more than one devices to be connected to the internet.
So, now as you know how important such adapters are, check about the best USB WiFi adapter for Windows 10 on the site. As per an extensive research, I jumped into the conclusion that Edimax ew-7811un is the best wireless adapter available in the computer world, especially if you are using laptops .
User Tip: Users who are using old models of laptops and surviving with the single drooping may get the advantage from Edimax EW-7811Un WiFi adapter because of its improved Ethernet transfer rates.