In a professional photography, the most challenging aspect is lighting. For a Canon DSLR, the best flashlight can be the most effective thing to have a perfect exposure. But having a good Canon flash is a difficult thing as there are so many options available in the market which claim as the best third party flash for Canon.
Check this list of the Best External Flash for Canon and choose the best flash for the Canon DSLR you own. Hope the Canon Flash Reviews here will help you to create your own lighting environment according to your DSLR type and expertise level.
Best External Flash for Canon
1. Neewer TT560
The TT560 Speedlite Flash from Neewer is perfectly compatible with the Canon DSLRs. It is also suited for other DSLRs like Nikon, Sony, Panasonic, FujiFilm, Olympus, Pentax, Sigma, Minolta, Leica, etc. This Canon Speedlite flash is the bestseller on Amazon in the category of Shoe-Mount Flashes.
Check the features of the TT560 Speedlite Canon Flash from Neewer below:
- It has a vertical rotation angle of 0-90 degrees and a horizontal rotation angle of 0-270 degrees
- It is perfectly compatible with the Canon cameras as well as other top brands DSLRs
- You just need to press the switch to ON, and the flash will start charging
- To test the Speedlite flash, you need to press the test button
- If the battery gets low, the red charging indicator will start blinking in every 1 second
- The 8 pieces of LEDs show the power output control in 8 steps
The Canon Speedlite 430EX II Flash is specially designed for the Canon DSLR cameras. It has a fully swiveling bounce head, which automatically zooms over a broad range of 24-105mm.
Specifications and features of the Canon Speedlite 430EX II Flash are:
- It has a superior build quality with a metal foot for more strength
- From its previous version, it has 20% faster recycling time
- For an easy process of attaching and detaching the flash from the camera, it has a 1-touch quick lock mechanism
- You can control the full flash from the camera menu
- It is compatible with the EOS Digital SLRs
- It has a virtually silent operation and a full frame zoom head for a range of 24-105mm
- It is also compatible with the PowerShot G series cameras.
Features of the YN 560 III Canon Camera Flash from Yongnuo are:
- It has a manual Speedlite flash mode
- It is also compatible with other standard DSLRs like Nikon, Panasonic, Sony, Olympus, Pentax, etc.
- It has an insulated gate bipolar transistor circuit design
- You can set two flash modes to M and Multi
- A perfect external flash for Canon from Yongnuo
The YN 560 III Speedlite Flash for Canon DSLRs is made by Yongnuo and supports the ultra-long range of wireless flash of up to 100 meters. It is fully compatible with the RF-603 and RF-602 wireless transmission, which supports 16 channels for an easy realization of the wireless flash.
The Altura Photo has designed this external flash kit for Canon cameras with an E-TTL Flash. It is having all the professional features and superior build quality to make it a high-class external flash for Canon Digital SLRs. The kit is having a flash stand tripod mount and separate hard flash diffuser.
Check the features and specifications of the Altura Photo E-TTL Canon External Flash Kit below:
- Easy to use flash kit with an E-TTL flash for Canon cameras
- It is the best flash for Canon t3i model
- Also compatible with other models like Canon Rebel T5, T6i, T5i, T4i, T2i, T1i, T3, XT, XSi, EOS 70D, 60D, and SL1
- The Kit includes one E-TTL dedicated auto-focus flash, wireless trigger, remote control for camera, one transmitter, one receiver, one cleaning cloth from Magic Fiber, and a hard flash diffuser
- It has a one-year limited warranty from the manufacturer
The Canon’s new 600EX-RT (Radio Transmitter) Speedlite Flash provides you a new way of reliability and performance with the most advanced DSLRs today. It is redesigned to improve the flash head durability, to make it more durable in extreme weather conditions and to have a reliable operation.
The amazing features of the 600EX-RT Canon Speedlite Flash are:
- It has a wireless multiple flash system which uses a radio wave communication
- Inbuilt RT functionality helps to avoid the use of external radio triggers for the flash
- For providing easy visibility, it has a dot matrix LCD panel and a backlit button
- To give you a creative flexibility, it has 18 custom and 7 personal functions
- It has a full swivel rotation of 180-degrees
- The flash head covers a wide zooming range of 20-200mm
- You can take up to 5 group flashes
- Perfect for wedding photographers
The DF-400 professional external flash from Powerextra is useful for the DSLR cameras like Canon, Nikon, Samsung, Pentax, Olympus, Fujifilm, etc. It is featured with power saving auto shutdown, autosave like functions to ease your task of digital photography.
Specifications and features of the Powerextra DF-400 Speedlite External Flash for Canon are:
- It has a manual mode and S1 & S2 wireless flash trigger modes
- It has a flash recycle time of 3 seconds
- You can take a test flash with the current mode settings by just pressing the test flash button
- Eight pieces of LED lights show you eight levels of power output control
- It is powered by four AA batteries
- It is the best third party flash for Nikon available under $30
The Neewer NW670 (VK750II) is a top-class external flash for Canon Rebel T5i and other DSLRs which has a high guide no. 58 (m)/198 ft. It comes with all the professional features in an excellent design quality at an affordable price.
Features of Neewer Nw670/VK750II Canon Flash are:
- It is an easy-to-use external flash having a robust lighting capacity
- The included charging socket enables you to charge it with an external power pack
- It is perfectly compatible with Canon Rebel T5i, T4i, SL1, 550D, and all other Canon DSLRs
- Inbuilt reflection panel and wide-angle, flip down flash diffuser makes your focus easier
- Multi-flash lighting and front curtain synchronous supported
- Three modes of flash; TTL, M, and Multi
- One-year manufacturer guarantee allows you to have a hassle-free purchase with complete satisfaction
Comparison of the Best Canon Flashes
|Guide number(m)||Zoom Range|
|Neewer TT560 Canon Speedlite||68||24-105mm|
|Canon Speedlite 430EX II||43||24-105mm|
|Yongnuo YN 560 III||58||24-105mm|
|600EX-RT Canon Speedlite||60||20-200mm|
|Altura Photo AP-C1001||68||24-105mm|
|Powerextra Speedlite DF-400||33||20-200mm|
As the Canon has expanded its DSLR family, the variety of Speedlite flashes is needed as well. And along with the Canon itself, some other popular manufacturers also jumped into developing the third party flash for Canon.
I have tried to point towards right direction through this guide. If you liked this list of the Best Canon Flashes, then please share it so professional photographers and other Canon camera users can also make the right decision for the best flash. If you want a good SD card for your Canon DSLR, then check this post of the Best SD Card for DSLR.