A rugged smartphone is not the same as a regular one that you will find in college students’ hands. This mobile device is more durable and reliable for people working on construction sites, manufacturing plants, carpenters, and more. A regular smartphone can drop dead from a height, but rugged smartphones are hard bricks.
Best Rugged Smartphone
I will show you the five best rugged smartphones.
1. Blackview BV4900 Pro
Cheapest rugged smartphone.
- The BV4900 Pro comes with the IP69K rating, meaning it’s dustproof, drop-proof, and waterproof.
- It’s an ideal smartphone for lite users as it features entry-level MediaTek Helio A22 and 4GB RAM.
- You will get Face Unlock for security and NFC work with Google Pay for an effortless shopping experience.
- The 5580mAh built-in battery provides backup for an entire day with mixed usage like calling and entertainment.
2. Ulefone Armor 9
Best smartphone for skilled industrial workers.
- This device’s construction is solid and bulky, making it a reliable choice for on-site usage.
- The thermal FLIR camera sensor provides thermograms by detecting the infrared radiation emitted by the image.
- The device comes pre-installed with features like NFC to make it easier for you to make payments.
- The Helio P90, combined with the 8GB RAM, offers a lag-free performance on multitasking.
3. DOOGEE S97 Pro
Best device for rough and tough users.
- It has passed the military standard, ensuring that the device is dustproof, shockproof, and waterproof.
- Its professional laser rangefinder is extremely useful in home build, woodworking, and engineering.
- For the display protection, the device manufacturer has used the corning gorilla glass 5.
- It comes with a large 8500mAh battery that gives power backup for up to 2-days with regular usage.
4. Nokia XR20 5G
Best 5G Mobile device.
- This Nokia device is water and dust resistant. Also, it will survive an accidental drop from a height distance of 1 – 1.5m.
- It comes with a 5G band and a 2-year warranty, and Nokia promised to provide the security updates until 2024.
- It has a corning gorilla glass victus protection for display which is hard to break compared to regular smartphones.
- The smartphone includes a side-mounted fingerprint scanner to make it easy for the user to unlock it.
5. OUKITEL WP17
Performance-oriented rugged smartphone.
- It comes with the MediaTek Heli G95 processor – 8GB RAM – 128GB storage to offer a smooth performance.
- The device has two IP certifications. IP68 for waterproofing and IP69K ensure protection from dust and high temperature.
- The 20MP IR camera offers clarity in pitch-dark environments up to 20 meters, and you can adjust IR intensity for better clarity.
- The smooth 90Hz 6.78-inch display is rugged and won’t break even if you drop it from 1.5 meters.
After a lot of research, my choice is the Ulefone Armor 9. It’s a great device with tons of features that are useful to a skilled worker. Moreover, it has a good battery life, and its performance output is also praiseworthy.