If you own an automobile that runs on the standard spark-ignition internal combustion engine, you might have come across the term ‘knocking’ at some point. Knocking is the explosion caused by the premature burning of fuel in the combustion chamber. Your fuel’s octane number determines its combustion quality. Higher the octane number, higher is its resistance to premature combustion and ‘knocking’.
Octane boosters are additives that can be added to fuel to kick up its octane number. A good quality octane booster can significantly enhance your vehicle’s performance. In this article, let us take a look at the benefits of 7 high-quality octane boosters available in the market today.
Royal Purple’s Max-Boost Octane Booster and Stabilizer functions effectively as an octane booster and vehicle performance enhancer. It treats fuel to enhance its octane number and reduce emissions. It stabilizes fuel, thereby increasing engine performance. Its features include:
- It is formulated with MMT, which helps eliminate pre-ignition, and knocking by enhancing gasoline octane
- It helps eliminate engine damaging detonation
- It is formulated to suit engines equipped with carburetors, port fuel injection, and direct injection
- It is suitable for turbocharged, supercharged, and nitrous-injected engines
- It can be safely combined with both leaded and unleaded gasoline and other fuels like gasohol, reformulated gasoline, and several other ethanol blends
- It can be safely used in engines with oxygen sensors and catalytic converters
- Phosphorus present in performance engine oils which accumulates in the catalytic converter. Max-boost performance enhancer does not contain phosphorus as an anti-wear additive. It protects your engine from phosphorus poisoning of catalytic converters
- It increases octane rating up to 30 points or 3 numbers
104+ Octane Boost improves power, acceleration, and gas mileage. It cleans fuel injectors and the complete fuel system. It is safe for all catalytic converters and oxygen sensors. It boosts octane levels of gasoline thereby reducing knocking and pinging. It also effectively improves engine performance and horsepower.
104+ 10406 6PK Octane Boost has the following features:
• Increases engine power
• Boosts mileage
• Helps clean fuel injectors
• It significantly reduces knocks, pings, and hesitation
• It is safe for catalytic converters & oxygen sensors
This is a race fuel concentrate that doubles up as an octane booster and fuel additive. Torco UL Accelerator increases the octane level of fuel by providing cooler combustion temperatures, thereby stabilizing it. This improves efficiency and prevents knocking/ detonation. It works well for high compression engines.
6 Quarts Torco UL Accelerator comes with the following features:
• Race Fuel Concentrate
• Customize your blend to fit your needs
• Raise octane up to 105 if desired
• Makes your fuel burn more completely
• Releases all the power that your engine has to offer
• It can be safely used in engines with oxygen sensors and catalytic converters
Gumout Octane Booster restores power combustion and performance of your engine by raising gasoline’s octane levels. It also aids in reducing emissions, knocking, and pinging. Using a performance enhancer helps you increase fuel economy. Gumout is safe for use in turbocharged and supercharged vehicles. It also comes with a trustable OEM warranty.
Gumout Octane Booster has the following benefits:
• Oxygen sensor safe
• Prevents knocking and pinging
• Increases fuel economy
• Enhances engine performance
• Safe for turbocharged and supercharged vehicles
LUBEGARD Fuel System Booster Cleaner aids your vehicle in running smoothly and efficiently. It significantly improves fuel economy and horsepower and helps remove deposits in intake valves and combustion chambers. Buy this to stay assured of increased engine performance and reduced incidents of engine collapse due to knocking.
Lubegard Fuel System Booster has the following features:
• It is EPA/LAC, CARB, and TOP TIER compliant
• It’s safe for gasoline and diesel engines
• It is safe to use with all ethanol blends or bio-fuels
• It can be used in both 4-cycle and 2-cycle engines
• It is ideal for new DIG fuel systems
• It provides lubrication to fuel pumps and injector
Blue Magic Turbo Octane Boost boosts gasoline octane level and improves anti-knock effectiveness. If you are looking for an efficient solution to a slacking engine, choose Boost Magic octane boost additive. It restores engine horsepower and can be used safely for engines with oxygen sensors. It is compatible with all gasoline and catalytic engines. It contains MMT converters which help in eliminating pre-ignition and knocking.
Blue Magic Turbo Octane Boost has the following advantages:
• It prevents engine knock, hesitation, and stalling
• It increases octane level
• Improves anti-knock effectiveness of engine
• It increases fuel octane level and restores engine horsepower
• It is guaranteed not to harm oxygen sensors or catalytic converters
• It is compatible with all gasoline engines
Want an effective fuel octane booster that fits your budget? Mag 1 157 Premium Octane Boost is just for you! This octane boosting formulation contains FMX, which helps reduce friction within your engine and improves fuel economy. It boosts gasoline octane levels thereby preventing pre-ignition, knocking, and pinging. It is also compatible with engines with oxygen sensors and catalytic converters.
Mag 1 157 Premium Octane Boost comes with the following advantages:
• It boosts engine horsepower and acceleration
• It aids in bringing down annoying engine knocks and pings
• This formulation contains FMX to reduce engine friction and improve fuel economy
• It is effective and pocket-friendly
Each of the above-listed fuel octane boosters comes with its set of unique features. Make your choice based on your engine design and features. Some of the above are compatible with engines containing oxygen sensors and catalytic converters. Some others are compatible with gasoline engines but may not be ideal for diesel or biofuels. Before you make your pick, check the formulation’s compatibility with your engine and the fuel you use. We wish this list equipped you with enough information to avoid all instances of engine knocking in the future!