Whether you are a professional pyroghrapher, or a novice just starting with this delightful art, good quality wood burning tools like pyrography pens, stencils, and cutting knifes are an absolute necessity. If you are a beginner, selecting the right tools for your level of comfort and expertise can prove to be a challenge. Worry not. The following is a list of good-quality wood burning tool sets for beginners and professionals alike. Let’s take a look.
Best Wood Burning Tool Kits for Beginners
The best feature of Walnut Hollow’s Versa-temp Variable Temperature Control Woodburning Points is just that: it comes with a temperature control and the allows a range of temperatures from 0-950°F. The device comes with a dial that can be used to adjust the temperature to a value you are comfortable with. As it supports different temperatures, the device can be used on a variety of surfaces from paper, cardboard, and fabric to wood and leather. It is also fit with a heat shield that protects your hand from the heat coming from the hot barrel.
The set includes:
- A support stand
- 5 screw-in wood burning points
- 1 screw-in solder point
- 1 Rosin-core solder (ideal for beginners)
- 3 screw-in stamps
- 1 screw-in hot knife point: It can be used for trimming and cutting foam, plastic, fabric, etc.
- 1 screw-in transfer point: This can be used to transfer images from any printed material to the woods surface with ease
The following are some additional features of Walnut Hollow’s woodburning points:
- The pen has a comfort grip that makes it easy to work with for long hours.
- The variable temperature controls of the device gives you complete control over the temperature at which you work. You can use lower temperatures when you work with delicate surfaces like paper or fabric.
- These points support five different styles: Universal, Flow, Tapered, Calligraphy, and Shading.
- The set includes five wood-burning points that are easy to remove and fix.
- The points can be interchanged carefully using pliers. They can be used for a variety of purposes like soldering, cutting, and carving, while working with different materials like wood, leather, cardboard, fabric, etc.
Weller’s Short Barrel Woodburning Kit comes with an embossing tip, nine wood burning tips, a hot knife, and a stand. It can be used effectively by hobbyists and professionals alike. If you want a soldering kit for working with micro electronics, jewelry, and dioramas, this kit is for you.
The following are some of the features of this product:
- The set contains a soldering iron, 9 interchangeable wood burning tips, an embossing tip, a hot knife, and a stand
- The barrel is made of stainless steel and is therefore strong and durable
- The device is fit with a heat-resistant handle which comes with a comfortable grip. This makes it easy to work with for a long time
- The kit also includes a project book that beginners can use for ideas and inspiration
Walnut Hollow Introduction Value Pen is specifically designed for users of beginner and intermediate skill levels. However, if you are a professional pyroghrapher, this pen can be a valuable addition to your tool kit too. The pen comes with a stand, and 4 points of different shapes (cone, shading, universal, and flow). These points can be changed easily as they come with a screw-type mechanism that’s easy to handle.
The following are some features of Walnut Hollow Introduction Value Pen:
- The pen comes with an easy grip handle to ensure a firm and steady grip, and has a long cord with an on/off button fixed to it
- It is a 120V pen that heats to upto 950°F
- It functions with ease on most wood surfaces
- The device comes with a heat shield that protects the user from heat
- It is compatible with users of all skill levels: beginner, intermediate, and professional
This is a high-end wood burning tool kit that comes handy for beginners and professionals alike. The pyrography pen has a short, stainless steel barrel fit with a heat and pressure-resistant handle for safety and comfort.
The kit includes:
- A lightweight pyrography pen with a short barrel
- 9 wood burning tips
- A sturdy organizer case
The following are some other features of RiteVal Short Barrel Wood Burning Kit:
- It is ideal for beginners and hobbyists practicing leather crafting and wood burning
- It is a 25 Watt short barrel that is ideal for hobbyists
- As it is made of lightweight iron, that is durable and easy to manoeuvre
- The set contains 9 barrel tips for wood burning, that come in a variety of shapes and sizes. This make it easy for you to work on different patterns and the finer details of your art
This is a complete wood burning tool kit including a pyrography pen, a pen holder, and a set of 22 soldering tips. The tools are made of durable metals like copper or iron. The pen works well with either 110V or 30 Watts power supply. The heating core is made of an aluminium alloy, which is a powerful conducting material. The device allows users to regulate the heat produced from 0-300℃. This temperature range ensures safety as a temperature beyond 300℃ is not suitable for working with wood.
The following are some of the important features of GOCHANCE Full set wood burning kit:
- GOCHANCE tools are designed to be functional on all types of wood surfaces, leather, and cork
- They can be used with ease for lettering, drawing shapes, and finer details
- The pyrography pen is suitable for 30W external heating type electric iron and is compatible with users of all skill levels
Though pyrography is a beautiful art, it can be dangerous as it involves working with tools at high temperatures. If you are a beginner, or a young artist below 14 years of age, take the help of older or more experienced artists. We hope this article helps you make the right choice while picking your kit. A good kit can take you a long way within no time. Good luck!