Robots provide fun and excitement for the tech lovers of all levels. Whether you are a beginner in the robotics programming, electronics or you are a pro, a good robot kit always adds an extra test in your skills of making something different. Building a stunning design by programming with an Arduino starter kit for beginners always creates an awesome programming experience!
If you are an advanced tinkerer in Arduino programming and robotics, then this list of the “Best Arduino Robot Kit For Students” will provide you a more span of making innovative designs. And if you are a student or a beginner in the field, then you should start with the kits mentioned here. These robot kits are easy to learn, program and build an autonomous robot with infrared sensors to detect obstacles and navigate as you wish. Check the products below and design your own robot by yourself!
Best Arduino Robot Kit for students
The Elegoo Arduino smart car robot kit is a perfect Arduino starter kit for students. It has a simple mechanical structure with an easy installation process and nice system.
Features of Elegoo Arduino UNO Robot Car Kit for Students are:
- It comes with a tutorial CD to guide you through building your first robot smart car
- An ultrasonic sensor keeps the robot car away from the obstacles and barriers
- Comes with a three-piece tracking system will keep the car on the predefined travel route
- Install the app on your smartphone, and you can even control the Arduino car via Bluetooth
- It is the latest and most affordable Arduino smart robot car starter kit for students available in the market today
This robot build kit is best for starters who are learning robotics and Arduino programming. Makeblock has developed this educational starter robot kit which has a blue aluminium frame and is available in IR version.
- You can build a robot tank or a three-wheeled robot car with an extrusion structure made from aluminium
- No soldering required and easy wiring makes this robot kit awesome for new learners
- For the safety purpose, the battery of IR remote controller is not included in the kit
- The kit is having a combination of electronic modules and mechanical parts to start your exploration
Check the educational starter robot kit from Makeblock and make your own robot tank or three-wheeled robot car.
The Robolink 11 in 1 programmable kit is perfect for the beginners and new Arduino learners. It is a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics) learning kit which is specially designed for the students of robotics, Arduino, and engineering.
The Robolink Arduino Robot Kit for Beginners has features like:
- You will get a head start in Arduino programming with a positive impact on your first project straight away
- The kit requires no soldering and has easy wiring manipulation which is perfect for beginners
- You can transform this kit into 11 different types of robots
- An instruction manual and tutorial videos will guide you through the step by step process of building a stunning Arduino design
- This Arduino kit is best for the beginners and students of programming
This is the sparki Arduino DIY robot for beginners in programming, robotics or electronics. The kit includes both the drag-and-drop programming and Arduino code for an exciting experience with this amazing sparki robot. Sparki includes ultrasonic sensors to detect the distance, five line edge detection sensors, three light sensors, and an accelerometer to detect falls and climbs. It also included with a magnetometer for detecting the magnetic field, remote control, a 128*64 graphic LCD and many more!
Features of ArcBotics Sparki Arduino DIY Robot are:
- It comes with stepper motor wheels and a marker holder for precise writing and drawing.
- It comes as preassembled, ready to use with its USB cable. But you can reassemble it with no hard efforts.
- Sparki is being used for the STEM (Science, Technology, Math, and Engineering) and robotics education in homes and classrooms across the world.
Makeblock is a well-known name in providing the programming kits for students, kids, intermediates, and pros of the Arduino and other platforms. This mBot Arduino STEM kit comes with over 38 assembly parts which take only ten minutes or less to design your Arduino robot.
Features of Makeblock DIY mBot Arduino Robot Kit are:
- It is an educational STEM robot kit for beginners and students in the Arduino programming
- Unlike to its predecessor, this mBot V1.1 kit comes with a protected and specially designed control board with casing for the safety purpose
- Color labeled ports and different clear identifying components allows an easy wiring and assembling to provide enough time for Arduino programming
- Omni-directional Auxiliary wheels are better than the previous version
- Regularly updated online manuals and courses will help you to make the most creative Arduino robot with this Makeblock DIY mBot kit
Crawling Quadruped robot kit made for Arduino includes everything that is needed to build an amazing crawling quadruped robot with a wireless remote control. It is powered by two 18650 rechargeable Li-ion batteries. You can make the robot move forward, backward, left or right by the remote control with the help of sketches provided as a sample with the kit.
Features of SunFounder Arduino Quadruped Robot Kit are:
- The kit uses nano board to work as a controller
- The robot is having four legs and each leg has 3 joints driven by servos
- You can observe and control the robot by remote controller equipped with the kit
- The control board is integrated with a battery, nano board, servo, and an nRF24l01 wireless module together
- You can make your own sketch to have fun with different movements of the crawling quadruped robot. I personally recommend this
Crenova has developed the robot car kit for Arduino with the facility of the infrared remote communication module. You can download the electronic document and a video instruction from the website here. Just fill abk in both the field name and password and you will get the access to the download page.
Crenova Arduino Robot Car Kit has features like:
- It consists a remote control system for a smart car
- The kit can be assembled and turned into a tracking and obstacle avoiding smart car with ultrasonic sensors
- It has a programmable Arduino Bluetooth remote control and infrared remote control for making it a robot smart car
- The item will be shipped with a tracking number so that you can check your shipment anytime
If you have no programming experience and a beginner in the robotics field, then this kit is for you. It has an open platform and exposed circuitry which allows you to easily create your own electronic circuits. No soldering required for this kit and experimented with custom circuits and requires no special-brand connectors.
The Arduino Robotics Shield Kit has features like:
- The robotics shield kit for the Arduino is included with an easy-to-follow text tutorials which are very easy to understand
- The light, touch, and infrared sensors help the Boe-Bot to navigate by itself and makes it autonomous
- It is having an additional sensors and hardware expansion kits to get the most out of your expandable robot
Best Arduino Robot Kits Comparison
|Makeblock Arduino Robot Kit||mBot Robot||Four 1.5V AA Batteries||2.28 pounds||6.1 x 4.8 x 3 inches|
|SunFounder RC Arduino Robot Kit||Crawling Quadruped Robot||4 x 18650 Rechargeable Li-ion Battery||1.7 pounds||9.2 x 5.8 x 3 inches|
|Sparki Arduino STEM Robot Kit||STEM Robot||4 x AA Battery||1.4 pounds||4 x 4.5 x 6 inches|
|Crenova Arduino Robot Car Kit||Car Robot||4 x Rechargeable Battery||2.4 pounds||10.2 x 6.1 x 4.6 inches|
With the help of programming, engineering skills and microcontrollers you can make the robotics complex or simple as you want. And this of the Best Arduino Robot Kit For Students will help you to get the perfect kit to do it. Choose your favorite kit from above list and have an exciting experience of building your own robot with an Arduino in your way! Mention your experience in the comment and tell how did the kit help you and which kind of robot you made with your innovative mind!
More information about Arduino and Robotic kits:
Arduino official website: https://www.arduino.cc/
All about Arduino circuits: http://www.allaboutcircuits.com/latest/arduino/
More information about Arduino from Wikipedia: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arduino
Getting started with Arduino: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kLd_JyvKV4Y
Projects list for Arduino Robot kit users: http://www.intorobotics.com/8-diy-arduino-projects-beginners-advanced-users-robotics/